CircuitsGallery had posted many electronic circuit design projects suitable for School students as well as engineering students. Here we would like to demonstrate one of the hobby electronics projects called visitor counter project, it will be a simple electronics projects for school students.
A digital visitor counter is necessary to count how many people entered in to a party or a conference hall. The automatic visitor counter is a simple electronics hobby circuit and it can be applied to science fair project for school students.
It can simply done by this circuit, a light source and a light sensor is used to detect the person and display the count using seven segment display with the help of 4026. The light source and the light sensor placed in such a way that the visitor will cross the light path when he enter in to the hall.
As project circuit is concerned, it is very easy to implement and its circuit section is also so simple.
Meanwhile you can check out our small electrical projects for school students
Visitor Counter Circuit Diagram
Components Required for Automatic Visitor Counter Project
- IC 4026
- Transistor (BC548)
- Resistor (10K, 100)
- POT (100K)
- 7 segment Display (Common anode)
- Torch light or laser
Visitor Counter Circuit Diagram Working
- The light beam from torch is continually hit on the LDR so the resistance of LDR is low and the voltage drop across LDR and ground is less than 0.6V
- The threshold voltage 0.6V can be set by varying the POT 10K
- When a person or an object is passes between the light beams light will not hit on the LDR so the resistance of LDR become high
- We have V=IxR (Voltage = Current X Resistance) i.e., the resistance of LDR is high voltage across LDR become high
- If the voltage across LDR exceeds 0.6V then transistor will ON and start conducting
- When the transistor is ON, the potential at point A becomes LOW and when the transistor become OFF, the potential at a will be HIGH
- As soon as the person cross the light beam a LOW and HIGH voltage transition occur at the point A.
- Which is fed to the Clock of 4026 IC, it will start count with the clock and display on seven segment display
4026 will increment the count when each person enters in to the room
Hope this project helps to you. Please like our facebook page to get in touch and share the circuits.