So far we have published so many inverter circuits here at circuitsgallery and now I think it’s time for me to introduce another one that has more inverter efficiency.
By using the principle of dc to ac conversion, an inverter system helps to prevent the problem of power failure in homes, offices etc. As the system convert dc to ac, it has got the name inverter.
This is a SG3525 based inverter schematic. Here we are mainly using the internal oscillator of PWM SG3525.
Note: You can buy this 12vDC to 120vAC inverter from our online store.
IC SG3525 is a pulse width modulator integrated circuit which has the following features:
- Wide operating voltage range from 8 to 35V
- Inbuilt oscillator and frequency range 100HZ to 500KHz
- Input and output synchronization terminals
- Variable dead time controller
- Soft-start facility
- Smooth shut down facility
- Input voltage checking facility
- Dual source/sink output driver
Recommended for you:
- Simple low power inverter circuit using CD4047 and power MOSFET
- 555 timer IC based inverter schematic
Single phase inverter circuit diagram
- IC SG3525
- MOFFETS IRF Z44 x2
- Resistors (22,10K,56K,12K,470,33×2,)
- Resistors(220×4 ½ watt)
- Capacitor (0.01uFx3, 1000uF/25V ,2.2uF/25V ,1K100,102K, 47uF/25Vx2)
- Transformer 12-012V /5A step down transformer(we use as inverted)
Working of 100 watt inverter circuit diagram
- SG3525 has an inbuilt oscillator whose frequency can be determined by connecting capacitor and resistor on pin 5 and pin 6 respectively.
- The frequency of oscillation can be calculated by the equation
- Output is taken from pins 11 and 14 which are connected to the gates of Mosfets.
- Pins 11 and 14 operate as totem pole configuration or a push pull manner. It never turns ON two pins at the same time.
- The signal from two pins 11 and 14 are connected to the gates of power mosfets IRF Z44 which switch current to each winding of the transformer.
- Only one winding is activated at a time and both are energized in opposite directions.
- Activation of winding in opposite direction helps to produce an alternating EMF and thus alternating current (AC) on the secondary of the transformer.
- The frequency of the output AC is 50Hz which is determined by the CT and RT pins of SG3525(pin 5 and 6).