Solar energy has now become a popular alternative for the production of electricity. Here is a green energy project for school students on how to make solar lamps for your home. The main component of this simple solar lamp circuit is a small solar panel and a battery using rechargeable cells. This battery can light the white LED’s and provide sufficient amount of light in your room for a longer period.
Solar light Circuit Diagram
- Solar panel 6V/3W
- 1N4001 diode
- 1.2V Ni-Cd Cell x 4
- While LED x 6
- Resistors:180Ω x1; 6.8Ω x2
Working solar led light circuit:
- Fix the solar panel outside the house where sunlight receives for a longer time.
- Connect the two wires that come from the solar cells to the rest of the solar lighting system circuit.
- Then during day time, the battery gets charged by the DC supply form the solar cell. Battery is solar energy storage here.
- The diode prevents flow of current from the battery back into the panel.
- During night, if the switch is ON then led’s glow by the charge stored in the battery.