This is a simple hobby circuit of a remote controlled toy car. The main component used here is the IR sensor circuit consisting of TSOP. Using a TSOP IR receiver we can start and stop the DC motor vehicle. However this circuit has a small disadvantage that it can’t control the speed of DC car motor, rather it ON and OFF the small dc motors. Thus it is suitable for electronics beginners only.Once it is ON, the motor runs with a constant speed. No speed control circuits are discussed here. The advanced version of this circuit with PWM speed controller will be posted soon. You must need a regulated power supply of 5 volt to do this one because TSOP requires 5v for its operation. Below is the circuit diagram and working of remote controlled dc motor for car using T sop infrared detector circuit.
Note: TSOP voltage should not exceed 5V.
- Remote Controlled Lamp Circuit
- Transistor act as a switch: DC Motor control (driver) circuit with animation
Circuit diagram of remote motor controller
Click on the image for enlarged view
- 9V Battery
- 7805 voltage regulator
- TSOP IR receiver
- IC 555
- IC 7474
- BC 548 Diode
- Resistors (220KΩ, 100Ω)
- Capacitor (1μF)
- DC Motor
- Maximum voltage of TSOP and 7474 is 5v. So we are using a 7805 voltage regulator IC which provides 5V output.
- The output of TSOP is always 5V, and the output will be zero when IR rays strike on it.
- 555 timer IC is biased as a monostable multivibrator. Normally its output is 0V, provided that voltage at the 2nd pin must be greater than 1/3Vcc
- When the voltage at the 2nd pin goes below 1/3Vcc, output switches to high (5V) for the time interval T=1.1RC. After this time interval output returns to 0V.
- 7474 is a D-flip flop. It is wired in Toggle mode. i.e Q’ to D input. 555 is used as clock generator here.
- When it gets a clock pulse output goes high and remains in that state till the next pulse.
- On receiving the next pulse output goes low and remain in that state till the next pulse.
- This process will continue. Output of 7474 is fed to base terminal of BC 548/BC 187.
- BC 548 is a driver transistor, when its base voltage is high current will flow through the load.
- Here DC motor is the load and it will rotate only when the base voltage is high.
- Diode Df is a free wheeling diode used to dissipate the stored energy in the inductor load.