This is a simple 12V rechargeable smart battery charger circuit. You can use this best battery charger circuit as car battery chargers, Inverter battery charger, Emergency light battery charger etc. An automatic indicator alarm circuit also comes along with this battery charger schematic. The main advantage of this indicator is that a buzzer informs us when the battery needs recharge. This circuit schematic definitely helps for your daily life battery charging applications.Also Read:
- 12v Battery Charger Circuit with Auto Cut off
- LED dot display based Battery charge level indicator circuit diagram
Circuit diagram of battery charger
Click on the image for enlarged view
- Transformer (230V to 15V or 110V t0 15V)
- Bridge rectifier (1N4007 x 4)
- Capacitor (470µF, 50V)
- Voltage regulator IC 7815
- 12V rechargeable battery
- Diode (1N4148)
- LED Zener diode 9V
- Transistor (BC547 x 2)
- Resistors (10kΩ, 1.5kΩ, 100kΩ Each ¼ Watt)
- Buzzer (12V)
Working of battery charger circuit
- The charging circuit is build around voltage regulator IC 7815 and two transistors BC 548.
- The main supply 230V or 110V is stepped down using a step down transformer, and then it is rectifiered and filtered out.
- That DC voltage is then fed to the voltage regulator IC 7815; the output will be regulated 15V.
- 12 volt rechargeable battery is connected at the output of voltage regulator and it charges when main power is available.
- This circuit also indicates the charging status, that is the LED1 is glows when the battery is charged (Above 10.5V).
- When battery voltage goes below a particular value, LED1 stops glowing and the buzzer produces sound indicating that the battery has been discharged and it needs recharge.